Faculty Agreements

Besides inter-university agreements, the individual faculties of Charles University also offer their students the opportunity to spend periods of study abroad based on faculty agreements concluded directly between the faculty and a university abroad.

For more information on faculty agreements, contact the international office of your faculty.

Links to the international offices of Charles University faculties:

Financial aspects of the stay, funding options

If you travel abroad within the framework of a faculty agreement, you need not worry about the often substantial tuition fees at universities abroad. However, this does not mean you are automatically exempt from paying any other fees your host university may collect (various semester fees, deposits etc.). The other fees mentioned above are usually collected even from exchange students. The types and amounts of fees differ according to country/university.

Another expense is purchasing insurance to cover medical costs. This insurance is required especially by non-European countries/universities (if you only travel within the EU, your European Health Insurance Card entitles you to receive all medically essential health care free of charge). If your host country requires exchange students to obtain visas, you must also include the visa fee in your cost calculations.

The costliest aspects of staying abroad are generally travel and the cost of living (accommodation, everyday expenses etc.), but the actual sums differ from country to country.

The websites of partner universities usually offer current information about living costs in the given country. This and other useful information on the practical aspects of studying abroad can also be found in the final reports of students who have already returned from similar stays.

Some study periods based on inter-university agreements are financially supported: participants in the exchange receive a scholarship from the partner university. The current list of available study periods at foreign partner universities always includes information on whether a scholarship is offered. If no scholarship is offered, you can apply for financial support from your faculty or from the University (Mobility Fund), or you can take advantage of various foundations, grant agencies or other institutions providing financial support for student mobility.

Last change: February 10, 2018 23:19 
Share on:  
Contact Us

Charles University

Ovocný trh 5

Prague 1

116 36

Czech Republic

Centre for Information, Counselling and Social Services


Phone: +420 224 491 850

Public Relations Officer


Phone: +420 224 491 248

Data Box ID: piyj9b4

ID No.: 00216208

VAT No.: CZ00216208

How to Reach Us